Saturday, August 29, 2009

Introductory Post

My name is Andrea Neptune and I teach Math and Science (mostly math) at North Marion High School. This is my 24th year of teaching and I always hoped to earn a masters degree after my own children had graduated high school, so when this opportunity arose I accepted. I'm very involved at my high school, so I have found it challenging yet beneficial to go to school and teach full time, but I'm determined. I have wanted to start a blog but haven't found the time. The magic of one has been a phrase in my head for a while. First of all, the number one can be written in many forms in math and we use it all the time to simplify math problems at every level of mathematics. I wanted to extend this idea to share its magic in life. One person, one experience, one situation can make such a difference to people. I thought this would be a great topic for my students to ponder this year. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment